Raw Zucchini pasta with Marinara sauce
To make the pasta:
- Use 1 zucchini per person,peeled
- Cut the zucchini into thin noodles using a vegetable spiral slicer if you have one. You can use a veggie peeler to create long ribbons, by drawing the peeler down all sides of the zucchini until you reach the core. Save whatever you can’t make into a ribbon for the sauce.
- Left over zuccini from “pasta”,
- 4 average sized tomatoes,
- 1 small bag of sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for a half hour,
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped, a few mushrooms of your choice (optional),
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, handful of fresh basil, 1 Tablespoon dried oregano,
- crushed garlic (1/2 clove)
- salt/black pepper (optional)
Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
Toss the sauce with the pasta, then you can, if you want to, add half a chopped avocado per person.
I like to toss the sauce with the pasta and then warm a little in a pan, just enough to make it warm. The reason I do this is often I make this ahead of time for the evening and it is so cold from the fridge.